Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fantastic Books Acquisitions

In a previous blog post I announced my new working relationship with Warren Lapine and his imprint Fantastic Books. Well, since that annoucement was released to the press on February 3, I just wanted you to know that I haven't been resting on my laurels (what a ridiculous phrase -- this particular genus of evergreen contains black berries, not something I would choose to rest on!).

Here is a list of titles, and authors (in alphabetical order), that I have acquired reprint rights to for Fantastic Books:

Paul Di Filippo
Fuzzy Dice

Judith Moffett
Pennterra

Kristine Kathryn Rusch
The White Mists of Power
Facade
Heart Readers
Traitors
Sins of the Blood
The Devil's Churn
The Fey #1: Sacrifice
The Fey #2: Changeling
The Fey #3: Rival
The Fey #4: Resistance
The Fey #5: Victory
Alien Influences


Dean Wesley Smith
Laying the Music To Rest

In addition to these authors, I am also in talks with four others, who shall remain nameless until (hopefully) contracts are signed.

Our goal at Fantastic Books is to help authors make their out-of-print backlist available once again, so that the authors generate some income from the sale of their titles (whereas authors make nothing from the used book market).

I'm looking for OOP backlist genre fiction, preferably novels, but I will also consider collections (especially if you have been recognized for your short fiction) and even previously unpublished fiction. If you are an author and have out-of-print work that you would like to see in print again -- or new fiction in search of a POD publisher -- please do contact me.
[Post to Twitter]Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment